- The applicant must hold at least a B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related program. At the time of application preliminary transcripts are accepted. Final transcripts must be provided upon enrollment.
- The grade average of the previous study should prove high qualification of the applicant. This will normally be the case for a grade average of ‘B’ or better in terms of the ECTS grading scale.
- Applicants need to prove that they have sufficient fluency in English. We normally ask for IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 6.0 in each competency. This corresponds to a TOEFL result with a score of about 600 paper-based/250 computer-based/95 internet-based test. For information on accepted English language tests, please visit www.southampton.ac.uk/admissions_language.
- The proof of English proficiency is required even when the language of instruction for the previous education was English. However, for nationals of countries listed under this link the proof of language proficiency is waived.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Taking the GRE test is recommended but not mandatory. The GRE code number of the University of Kaiserslautern is 7143.
- The applicant must show that he/she is well motivated for the Embedded Computing Systems programme by writing a short letter of motivation of about one page.
- The application must be supported by two letters of recommendation from university professors or employers.
- For more details about the application process and required documents please visit Apply Now.